Sunday 14 January 2018

Sneak peek of Oliver Cool for LOTV

Hello lovely peeps


Just popping in with a sneak peek of another Lili of the Valley stamp being launched tomorrow. This one is called Oliver Cool.

For my card design I decided that I wanted Oliver to be slightly poking over the edges of a circle, with a sentiment around the outside.

First I brought the digi stamp into CraftArtist and added a circle around him the same diameter as the outer edge of my large circle die (this will help with lining up the die when cutting).

To add the sentiment I used the Text Tool, typed in the wording, changed the font to East Coast Stationery and then selected a half circle from the 'Preset Text Paths' button. Then it just needed a bit of resizing and rotating to get it in the right place.


Once that was printed off (onto my usual Simply The Best card) I cut around Oliver's feet so they could tuck behind the circle die and not get cut off.


I coloured the image with Promarkers/Graph'Its


and layered it up on a paper from the Travel Notes pad by Trimcraft/First Edition.

For the arrows I used a Quickutz die with scraps of white card which I then coloured to match Oliver. The sentiment is from LOTV's Sketchy Wishes set - I used a black Spectrum Aquamarker to 'ink' just the two words (the full sentiment says 'You Make the World Wonderful')

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Pixie's Snippets Playground weeks 315 and 316
Hiding in my Craft Room #335 superscraps saturday
Passion For Promarkers Challenge  #426 masculine
Simon Says Stamp (Wed) Use patterned paper

  Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

15 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Brilliant loving this new release and thats a fab sentiment Love and hugs Carole x

Claire said...

What a great card, I love have you've achieved the design with that brilliant sentiment around the edge. The backing paper is spot on with the arrow embellishments. Very eye-catching x

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Katrina. I love the image and the way Oliver's feet come out of the circle. Great sentiment and the backing paper is perfect. xx

Crafty KJ said...

Just love this Katrina! The image is fab and the way you've done the sentiment is brilliant. Those arrows are great and the extra wording is just perfect - love it. Thanks for joining in with this week's challenge at Passion for Promarkers. Hugs, Karen xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Katrina, love the papers you have used and the stamp is great
Hugs Kaz xx

Di said...

Hi there Katrina! A huge welcome to the Snippets Playground - beware of little hands frisking you for sweeties though - they're a bit of a sweet toothed lot :)

Wonderful card and I love that you explained how you made it so well. We love to learn new things and so on in the Playground. Hope you come back and play with us regularly! Just adding myself as a follower. Good luck in the draw for the Shammy too.

Hugs

Di xx

Fikreta said...

its so great card!
hugs

Linda Mc Enery said...

What a wonderful male card! Oliver is fantastic and I love your layout! Loved reading your step-by-step process! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome card with us at Passion for Promarkers! Linda

The Crafty Den said...

A fab card Katrina. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Becca Sadler said...

Thanks for sharing this "too cool for school" guy! This is fabulous! For HIMCR, Becca~dt

Tink said...

Nice card! Thank you for joining the challenge at HIMCR! DT Ellen

Gayatri said...

Wonderful card. Love the pattern paper on the background. Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Pattern Paper challenge. Gayatri xx

Sarn said...

Popped over from the Snippets Playground to say "Hi" and say what a great masculine card you've made. Your colouring is superb too.
xxx

Linby said...

Just saw this in the playground picks - well done. It's a marvellous card, so contemporary in design.
TYFS how you did it in craft artist, but still amazed that the circle you cut is so neat.

Barb said...

It's a great card Katrina. I really like the character and the background paper is lovely. Barbxx